Blog #6

Adjourning Stage

The hardest day of leaving a group, was my high school choir. We performed all over the U.S and Canada, singing songs in different languages. We were the Girls Choir of Harlem. My last performance was so hard, because I built a sisterhood with these girls over the years. I had to leave the choir not by choice, but because it was the rules, that after your senior year, you can't perform no more. Being apart of this choir, got me a partial scholarship for singing to my college. My college choir was so different from my high school choir, I knew I was attached to my high school choir ways of learning music. I eventually adjusted to my new ways of learning music, but I still kept what I was taught as a tool to make my music craft excel. Going to college I still kept in contact with my high school choir friends, and we talk and reminisce all the time of our performing days. With getting my Masters degree I enjoy having classes with familiar names I've seen since I started the program, a lot of my colleagues have been very supportive of me and my journey. However, saying good bye will be a little easier, because I physically don't know my colleagues because it 's an online study. Adjourning is essential in teamwork, because you have to be able to leave and grow. Settling because it comfortable should never be an option.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY Support

"My Connections to Play"

Relationship Reflection