Relationship Reflection



  Relationships and partnerships are important to me because, it is important to have a bond with people who you can trust. In a partnership at work, shows the parent how important their child is to you.  Forming a partnership is a trust that is develop between the parent and the educator. In a work environment having a partnership with parents makes a parent feel comfortable leaving their child in your care. In relationships, you have different types one can be with friendships or family and even the love of your life. These relationships plays important role to people, because they build bonds and form a trust.  At my job I build a bond with several parents, because I want them to understand that I want the best for their child. One family at my job I watch their two children out side of work hours because their parents build a bond with me and they trust me with their kids. Having that special bond with them , lets me know I'm doing a good job. I also have a good relationship with my children. As a single mother I want them to be able to trust me and communicate with me about anything that is going on in their life. To maintain these healthy relationships and partnership, your trust is what keeps things going. As a parent sometimes children resist telling things because they feel they might get in trouble. I always try to express to my child I am their parent first but their friend second and i just want the best for them. The same goes for a partnership. You want the parents to feel comfortable to talk to you about things going on with their children, because you want the best for their children. My experience I have in the classroom helps me to prepare myself for when I'm ready to have my own facility and what kind of partnership I want my staff to have with their parents.
Image result for relationship pictures

Comments

  1. I agree with you on so many of the points you point out that you have to build positive relationships with the parents and that is always a positive. As being a teacher/director it is so nice to see when parents and the staff have a good relationship because you may have to report to the parents one day if the child has a rough day. I feel like having a positive relationship with the parents when you talk to them about the child's day and telling them everything that happened because some children don't tell their parents everything that happened during the day they only tell them the fun things that happened throughout the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Building those relationships with parents are so important! Sometimes I forget that these children are spending the same amount of hours with me that their parents are working, up to 40 hours a week, if not more. That's why it is so important to create these relationships. Parents have to be able to trust you. I love each and every child in my class, but there is always one or two that you create an extra special bond with, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The relationships we experience is so vital to our growth as individuals! Im so glad you experienced positive ones. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY Support

"My Connections to Play"