Blog #5

As an administrative assistant, I had to write up a teacher who came back from lunch an hour late. I was in charge of running the building while the vice principal and principal were out, for a meeting. When the teacher came back, I asked her was everything okay, she said yes. I asked her why, she was late, she said she was stuck in traffic and she had errands. I said did she tell the principal or vice principal, that she had errands, she said no. I told her that this is the second time of warned about her lateness, with no communication. I told her I'm writing her up. She was upset and very disrespectful towards me and my authority. I used the 3 R's to communicate with the teacher. Respectful, reciprocal, and responsive. I showed that I cared and was concerned, however she was very rude and it could of been avoided if she came to me with respect. Everyone deserve to be understood and she had the opportunity to address her feelings but chose to be disrespectful. You have to give respect if you want it in return.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY Support

"My Connections to Play"

Relationship Reflection