The Economics Of Early Childhood

What specific section(s) or information seemed particularly relevant to your current professional development? Learning about affordable care for families in poverty. As an educator I want to be able to offer my services to those who are less fortunate. Before being an educator I am a parent. I can sympathize with families who wants the best for their child but can't afford it. I am surviving but I still would like to give my children the best education, I just don't make enough money to put them in private school.

Which ideas/statements/resources, either on the website or in an e-newsletter, did you find controversial or made you think about an issue in new ways? I feel in The Economics Of Early Childhood there will be some controversial topics with the president trying to make high quality childcare affordable.  Some of the government is use to making money not disbursing out money. If this cuts into the finances then it can become an issue.

 What information does the website or the e-newsletter contain that adds to your understanding of how economists, neuroscientists, or politicians support positive social change through the early childhood field? Looking at the different charts that was presented in The Economics Of Early Childhood I am able to visually see how high income families and low income families put in effort into educational activities. These charts help me understand that with more affordable care that low income families will have more opportunity to invest in educational activities.  

What I gain from reading this. Is that the president wants to make some changes to accommodate the high and low income families, when it comes to childcare expenses. It will cut from some of the budget but it will be an asset to those who need assistance.

Comments

  1. Child care is so expensive and I can’t help but to want to help people in need of affordable services. That is why I want to open up my own center. For now though I encourage parents to apply for Head Start/Early Head Start.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY Support

"My Connections to Play"

Relationship Reflection