Violence

  Violence is behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something (google).

  Growing up in New York City (Harlem), I've seen a lot of things. One major thing that happens a lot there is violence. Although violence is everywhere, it is very high crime in New York. I feel that most of the violence occurs from people being in gangs or trying to prove to others that they are tough so they kill someone or something.

  I remember one time walking home in the daytime on a hot day and a guy was running right next to me and started shooting his gun. I was teenager so scared. Everyone was running for their lives. My heart was racing I ran under a car just so I won't be in the crossfire of what was happening. Everyone was screaming and in fear for their life. When the shooter finished shooting he ran away because the cops were after him. A lady told me to come out from under the car and that the shooter is gone. I was crying and just wanted t get home. When I finally got home I cried so hard and told my mom about it. She held me for a while and told me everything will be fine and to just pray.



Haiti

  Haiti is a carribean country that shares the island of Hispanola with the Dominican Republic to its east. Haiti is a very poor country. It is still recuperating from its  earthquake in 2010. With the finances of this country being so poor, the people become violent. Not having enough money to supply for their families or money for food, this has made a huge impact on people who live there. The crime level for Haiti has increased because of their natural disaster. Some people lost everything. Haitian has used the island of Hispanola to get to the Dominican Republic and cause a lot of violence there. They will rob, kill and steal to survive and bring back things they need for the country. When families can't provide for their children in Haiti, their children are enslaved as a Restavec(child slave). The children are sent to other families, hoping they will have a better life but may have to get a job to help out.

  It's crazy how violence is everywhere. There are some solutions on how to minimize violence in Haiti. We as a society need to donate food, water, clothes and help reach out if we can. Although we don't live there we all are human and we don't want our children suffering. Violence will be everywhere but we can try our best to minimize it.



 

Comments

  1. It is a very sad thing to know all this. I wish it was something to do but this is the world we live in.
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY Support

"My Connections to Play"

Relationship Reflection