Personal Childhood Web




1. Deborah Vanderhorst (Mom)
2. Brent Wilkey (Dad)
3. Charise Pearson (Oldest Sister)
4. Dora Javier (Grandma)
5. Jack and Margaret Wilkey (Grandparents)

Deborah Vanderhorst, is my mom. She was born in Philadelphia PA. My mom is a giving person and shows a lot of affection to her children. She loves to help people. My mom has taught me as a child how to be a giving person and how to show love to myself and others. I use her advice daily.

Image result for family tree pictureBrent Wilkey is my Father. He was born in Bronx, New York. My father is a strong person, he very supportive and he believes in putting family first. My dad has taught me to speak my mind no matter what the circumstances and always remember family is important. I use these tools everyday of my life.

Charise Pearson, is my oldest sister. We have the same mother but different fathers. Charise helped raise me. She is really the epitome of "It takes a village to raise a child". She helped my mom out by taking me to school and watching me when my mom was busy or working. She was a big help in my childhood upbringing. Now today she helps with my children. She watches them and take them places for me when I can't make it. She very spiritual and supportive. Her supportive ways has taught me how to be supportive with others.

Dora Javier is my mother's mom. She is my only grandparent that is alive. She is from the Dominican Republic. My grandma is 97 years old and she has Dementia. My grandma came to the U.S.A to work. She wanted to provide a better living for her family. My grandma worked hard being a house maid for different people. My grandma has taught me that you have to sacrifice to support for your family. I sometimes have to sacrifice things to supply for my children, but at the end of the day I know it will be worth it.

Jack and Margaret Wilkey are my Dad's parents. They have been married for over 52 years. My grandparents always helped children and families in the community. They took in a lot of people and raised them as family members. My grandparents worked really hard and saved money. They taught that every dollar you make is worth something. My grandparent have passed away but their memories still lives within me. I'm keeping those memories and applying them to my daily life.


My family members has had a huge impact on my childhood life and I use everything they have taught me, to my life daily. All the advice they gave me I use on my own children. I am truly thankful to be blessed with a family like this.

Comments

  1. Your family seems wise. Saving money, talking freely, and raising the community for the better of everyone's future are life lessons not everyone is able to receive so young and consistently. You can tell in the way you write that your family taught you how to love unconditionally and not to take anything for granted. Your loving family web, no doubt, serves as a strong foundation for all you do as an adult and in just what you have shared that shows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The people you look up to in your family are almost similar to mine. It takes a village to raise a child and your village sounds very supportive then and now. Positive family dynamic is a key part in our daily decisions which sometimes we forget. It is good that you are always looking to them for support and implementing it into your life daily.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

MY Support

"My Connections to Play"

Relationship Reflection