A favorite moment with an awesome student!

I've worked with a student that no one believed would do well because he fell on the Autism Spectrum. However, I didn't take that stance and gave him the best of my teaching abilities. While in my class I was able to get him fully potty trained, get him to come into the classroom calmly, and build a level of self-control when upset or frustrated with calming exercises. His family was so happy and impressed that they even asked me to come into their home and care for him when they had to go out. Seeing him improve and do what the other students in the class could do at his pace, showed me that what I do is important. It was not easy but very well worth it. Watching students grow, learn, try, and push pass the difficult stuff; pushes me to give all I have to my students and families.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MY Support

"My Connections to Play"

Relationship Reflection